The Education sector, like many others, faces issues like inconsistent and ineffective practices, shoestring budgets, poor planning, and the like. Digital transformation seems like the natural, logical, and cost-effective next step. Keep reading to see how this Guest Post by Acquire discusses the need to bring digital transformation to education!
Now, the emerging technologies such as learning apps, chatbots, Augmented Reality(AR), and Artificial Intelligence(AI) are getting popular in educational technology to enable virtual collaboration and provide high-quality, personalized learning.
In this blog, we will look at the top Education trends to watch out for in 2020 and understand how real-life educational institutions are going digital and creating online classrooms, one ‘lesson’ at a time.
Top-4 Digital Trends in Education Worth Knowing
1. The Increasing Adoption of Chatbots in Education
One of the easiest and quickest ways to enhance classroom education is through the use of chatbots. Chatbots can be integrated within messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, custom school apps, or even the school’s website. Teachers can launch a dedicated chatbot for students to provide feedback on presentations, offer access to a bibliography, share examples during lessons, and help notify the class about changes or updates.
In summary, chatbots are particularly useful for:
- Enhanced communication and personalized outreach: Boosting interaction between the professor and shy students as the latter can directly communicate with the teacher without having to ‘speak up’
- Feedback loop: Building a real-time feedback mechanism wherein students receive instant feedback assignments and tests
- Instant access to accurate study material: Accessing referenced documents/articles/biographies in an instant, making studying more productive and practical
- Timely and effective communication: Sending motivational/informational messages and alerts to students prior to any exam, informing them about changes in curriculum, or assisting in project management
- Increased student satisfaction: Empowering students to self-serve by encouraging them to actively use the tool and seek out answers
2. Mobile Apps for the Win
It’s important to have a classroom that’s equipped for appropriate distance learning methods especially during the times of COVID-19. Mobile apps, like those in the Creativity 365 Suite, help classes create interactive teaching materials. Specific benefits include:
- Enhance classroom atmosphere: Mobile learning apps create an interesting learning atmosphere. It lets students brainstorm creative ideas or create intriguing digital presentations.
- Engage with the students: Students can make interactive presentations in class, or showcase digital portfolios and share their work.
- Making students tech-savvy: Since technology is transforming at a rapid pace, it’s mandatory for students to take interest in technology. They develop self-learning skills, which can be one of the most important abilities in their career life.
3. AI & Big Data can Offload the Staff Workload
AI & Big data can help teachers and administrators keep track of students’ progress in real time. Universities and schools can leverage AI for system, which eliminates the possibility of partiality when scoring students and, more importantly, uses data to match a student’s learning style with that of a teacher’s teaching style. Other valuable applications of AI in education include:
- Simplifying administrative tasks, such as the admissions process.
- Drafting “smart content” to make the learning experience information-rich by including virtual content like video conferencing, video lectures, etc.
4. Personalized Education: The Big MVP of all Learning
Whether you call it customized learning or adaptive learning, every modern educational institution aims to ace this strategy. Offering the students access to a more personalized form of education can make the overall process rich and productive. Students can take charge of their learning by controlling the pace of study.
- Access wide-ranging learning style formats (read: flashcards, gamification apps, videos, among others) to make the learning process fun, creative and interactive.
- Set individualized goals as per their competency.
- Access on-the-fly quizzes as well as updated lesson plans thanks to the dynamic tools that allow personalized learning to be a reality.
Digitizing the educational process is no longer limited to using interactive whiteboards, specialized tablets, or front-facing projectors.
Digital transformation in education is playing a much bigger role in driving a positive (and productive) change for students, shaving off some of the workload for faculty, and enhancing the educational process through smart use of intuitive technology.
We are providing a 30-day FREE trial of education tools for students and teachers wanting to bring digital transformation to education during the back-to-school season until the end of September. If you are looking for a digital solution for your class, don’t wait to claim your offer now!
Also published on Medium.